MyCare Ohio Frequently Asked Questions
- I receive my health care through Medicaid and Medicare. Do I need to sign up for MyCare Ohio?
- What will happen if I do not select a MyCare Ohio plan?
- How does MyCare Ohio work? When do I need to enroll?
- Who will make my health care decisions?
- Will my benefits be different?
1. I receive my health care through Medicaid and Medicare. Do I need to sign up for MyCare Ohio?
You must enroll in a MyCare Ohio plan if you:
- Are 18 or older; and
- Live in one of the 29 demonstration counties: and
- Currently receive services from BOTH Medicaid and Medicare.
2. What will happen if I do not select a MyCare Ohio plan?
If you do not make a choice, Ohio will select a MyCare Ohio plan for you. Please Note: You do not have to receive your Medicare benefits from your MyCare Ohio plan. You may choose to continue to receive your Medicare benefits in the way you do today. However, your Medicaid benefits will only be available through the MyCare Ohio plan you choose.
3. How does MyCare Ohio work? When do I need to enroll?
Enrollment into MyCare Ohio will be in phases, by region, over several months beginning in May of 2014.
4. Who will make my health care decisions?
YOU are in charge of your health care. MyCare Ohio has a team approach with you at the center.
- You will be able to express your preferences and make choices about how you want to receive your health care.
- You will have a care team that consists of yourself, your family and/or caregiver (if you wish), care managers, your primary care doctor, any specialists, and other providers.
- Your team will meet with you regularly and help you plan your care based on your specific needs.
5. Will my benefits be different?
Your MyCare Ohio plan will include all benefits available through traditional Medicare and Medicaid programs, including long-term care services and supports (if applicable), and behavioral health services.
You may also be eligible to receive added services that your current programs cannot offer, for example, extra dental visits, depending on which MyCare Ohio plan you choose.