2022 Next Generation Plan Enrollment
On December 1, 2022, Ohio Medicaid’s Next Generation managed care plans will provide a more personalized approach to support your healthcare needs. Ohio Medicaid members are encouraged to select their Next Generation managed care plan now!
The Next Generation managed care plans changes do not apply to MyCare Ohio plans, which will continue to provide benefits to Ohioans who receive both Medicaid and Medicare benefits, with enhanced coordination of medical, behavioral, and long-term care services.
Today, Ohio Medicaid managed care members can review and compare the seven Next Generation managed care plans available and choose the Next Generation plan that best fits their healthcare needs.
Resources to help you identify the Next Generation plan that best meets your healthcare needs
- The Next Generation Health Plan Comparison document provides an overview of the services that all Next Generation managed care plans provide, and specific value-added services provided by each individual plan. The Health Plan Comparison is available on the Medicaid Consumer website at https://www.ohiomh.com.
- The Member Transition Enrollment Infographic serves as a quick reference guide for member actions, important dates, and resources available.
- The Find A Provider search tool can help you identify which Next Generation managed care plans your trusted providers are contracted - or "in network" - with.
- Each Next Generation managed care plan has a member website that you can visit to learn more about their approach to serving Ohio Medicaid managed care members:
- Call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680 if you have additional questions about the Next Generation managed care plan options available.
- Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Member FAQ answers questions related to member transition and background about Ohio Medicaid's Next Generation program.
Selecting a Next Generation managed care plan
To make a Next Generation plan selection, Ohio Medicaid members can either visit the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline Portal at https://members.ohiomh.com or contact the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680.
Timeline for choosing a Next Generation managed care plan
Ohio Medicaid managed care members can select a Next Generation plan at any time through November 30. This allows members time to review and compare all next generation managed care plans and choose the plan that is best for them.
Current members with Buckeye, CareSource, Molina, or UnitedHealthcare
Current Ohio Medicaid managed care members who do not select a plan - to either move to a new plan or stay with their current plan - will remain with their current plan.
Current members with Paramount
Paramount Advantage Medicaid has been acquired by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem). Anthem is working with Paramount Advantage to continue providing members’ healthcare coverage. Members do not need to take any action to begin receiving healthcare benefits through Anthem and there will be no disruption in their care. Anthem will continue to provide healthcare coverage in the Next Generation program. Current Paramount members can select a different plan at any time during the member transition and enrollment period.
Members newly eligible for Medicaid managed care
Individuals who are newly eligible for managed care, those who are currently in Medicaid fee-for-service not enrolled with a managed care plan, and those with a gap in eligibility of 91+ days will receive care paid for through Medicaid fee-for-service until December of 2022 when they will be transitioned to an Ohio Medicaid Next Generation plan.
ODM will notify impacted members which plan they have been transitioned to. Members can review and select the Next Generation plan that best fits their healthcare needs at any time through open enrollment through November 30, 2022. Newborns and case additions will continue to be added to managed care plans as they become Medicaid eligible during this time.
Members enrolled in the OhioRISE program
OhioRISE enrollees will receive their behavioral health benefits through Aetna (the OhioRISE plan) and their physical health services through a separate managed care organization or fee-for-service Medicaid.
Learn more about the Next Generation of Ohio Medicaid
To learn more about the other components of the Next Generation of Ohio Medicaid, please visit the websites below: