2022 Next Generation Plan Enrollment
Starting July 1, Ohio Medicaid's managed care program will change for the better! The Ohio Department of Medicaid is introducing its next generation managed care plans to provide a more personalized approach to support all members' health care needs. These changes do not include MyCare.
Today Ohio Medicaid managed care members can review and compare the seven next generation managed care plans available and choose the next generation plan that is the best fit for them.
Resources to help you identify the next generation plan that best meets your healthcare needs
- The Next Generation Health Plan Comparison document provides an overview of the services that all next generation managed care plans provide, and specific value-added services provided by each individual plan. The Health Plan Comparison will be available soon on the Medicaid Consumer website at http://www.ohiomh.com.
- The Find A Provider search tool can help you identify which next generation managed care plans your trusted providers are contracted - or "in network" - with.
- Each next generation managed care plan has a member website that you can visit to learn more about their approach to serving Ohio Medicaid managed care members:
- Call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680 if you have additional questions about the next generation managed care plan options available.
- Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Member FAQ answers questions related to member transition and background about Ohio Medicaid's next generation program.
Selecting a next generation managed care plan
To make a next generation plan selection, Ohio Medicaid members can either visit the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline Portal at https://www.ohiomh.com or contact the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at (800) 324-8680..
Timeline for choosing a next generation managed care plan
Ohio Medicaid managed care members can select a next generation plan at any time from March 1, through November 30. This allows members time to review and compare all next generation managed care plans and choose the plan that is best for them.
Depending on when an Ohio Medicaid managed care member selects a plan, their next generation plan will be effective on different dates. See the table below to determine when an Ohio Medicaid managed care member will begin receiving services through their next generation plan based on the plan selection date.
|Plan Choice Date||Plan Effective Date|
|Now - June 11||July 1|
|June 12 - July 30||August 1|
|August 1 - November 30||The first day of the following month|
Current members with Buckeye, CareSource, Molina, or UnitedHealthcare
Current Ohio Medicaid managed care members who do not select a plan - to either move to a new plan or stay with their current plan - will remain with their current plan.
Current members with Paramount
Ohio Medicaid members currently receiving healthcare benefits through Paramount Advantage will continue to receive healthcare benefits through that plan through June 30. Unless a member chooses another plan by June 11, they will be enrolled with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield on July 1. Current Paramount members can select a different plan at any time during the member transition and enrollment period.
Members newly eligible for Medicaid managed care
Individuals who are newly eligible for managed care, those who are currently in Medicaid fee-for-service not enrolled with a managed care plan, and those with a gap in eligibility of 91+ days will receive care paid for through Medicaid fee-for-services through June 30.
On July 1, the members in this group who are eligible for a managed care plan will be assigned to a next generation plan by ODM and will begin receiving services from that plan. ODM will notify impacted members which plan they have been assigned to, and members can select a different plan at any time through November 30. Newborns and case additions will continue to be added to managed care plans as they become Medicaid eligible during this time.
Learn more about the next generation of Ohio Medicaid
To learn more about the other components of the next generation of Ohio Medicaid, please visit the websites below: